Thursday, May 24, 2012

Can you believe it's been a year?!?!

MY POST A YEAR AGO TODAY.....


TUESDAY, MAY 24, 2011


We are IN CHINA

A quick update from my jet lagged self.  It's been a long 24/48 hours.  I don't know which, 24 or 48, since we lost a day and haven't stopped going since we landed.  Everyone is crashed out.  And I am running on some kind of strange maternal energy.  The idea that we meet Tong Min Qiu/Eliza TOMORROW is still incredibly surreal despite actually being here.

The trip went really well considering my paralyzing fear of traveling 15 1/2 hours with a toddler.  He was a total rock star and slept for almost 8 hours.  And when he was awake he was a super charming traveler (in his pajamas) and enjoying it all.

Here are some airport pics of Jackson in action.


We arrived in China at 6am and the China Team (our adoption agency/tour group) kept us going all day to try to get us to stay up and get adjusted to the time change quickly so that we will be somewhat functioning when we are handed our daughters tomorrow.   There are 8 families total in our group.  There is a group of 4 going to Nanchang (including us) to adopt babies.  Then there are 4 other families going to 4 other provinces to adopt their children ranging in age from 1 1/2 to 4.   Everyone seems very lovely and anxious and excited.  The team took us around Guangzhou today in a tour bus.  We ate dim sum in a skyscraper where the banquet hall's roof opened to the Star Wars theme (you can't make this stuff up).  We all just tried to stay awake while listening to instructions for the next few days.  Oh, and this is where Jackson got a lot less charming.  Melting down and running around the room like a a maniac while the group leaders were trying to speak (ugh).  He does love the tour bus and the hotel's escalator.  I am sure those are the things he will remember.  

We leave our hotel at 5:45am tomorrow to get on a plane to Nanchang to meet our daughter.  I would love to write how this feels but I am not sure I am in my body right now -- and it isn't just jet lag.  I will try to explain more when I am less exhausted....

No comments:

Post a Comment