Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

Eliza's first Thanksgiving started with her first airplane trip since our journey home from China -- and since she started walking. She doesn't like to sit still for very long so I wasn't sure how it would go but she was a rockstar. She has been surrounded by family and friends and loves all the new faces and attention. She especially loved a holiday that mostly involved eating. I think she ate more turkey and sides than I did. We went to the thanksgiving day parade which she didn't really get but she seemed to enjoy being back in a city (her first time since Nanchang). We are so thankful for our little family - the 4 of us + pups, and our patient, generous and loving extended family who are hosting our East coast adventure. Pics to come. Can't post from my iPad.

Oh, one more thing - and how I know we really are an L.A. family...my Mom made a delicious cornbread as part of our thanksgiving dinner. Jackson was asking for seconds and said "can I please have more tamale?"

1 comment: